IRATA Level 2 is the advanced operator qualification for technicians wanting to progress in the industry.
To upgrade from IRATA Level 1 to Level 2, you need:
– at least 1 year certified at IRATA Level 1 (NB check your expiry date – must be after your proposed date of assessment to Level 2)
– a minimum of 1000 hours logged at Level 1, signed off by your L3 supervisor
– a good level of competence at Level 1 – if in doubt get in touch for some warm-up refresher training.
On the course you will learn:
– Advanced rigging such as wide ‘y’ hangs, tensioned lines and pull-throughs
– Basic hauling systems for retrieving a casualty
– Rescues from ascent mode, and from aid climbs
– Rescues through most common manouevres – rope to rope transfers, deviations and rebelays
– Theory topics include calculating safe working loads, rigging angles, and hauling ratios
The course is a week long: four days training Mon – Thurs and one day assessment on Friday. All equipment is provided, all you need to bring is yourself and a decent level of fitness.
Discounts are available for multiple bookings, please get in touch for more information.